Event Date: January 20, 2019, 6 AM to 12 PM
Please refer to the How to Use This Guide section below to learn how to navigate around event day closures.
Pre-Event Day Closures
Saturday, Jan. 19th : San Jacinto Blvd. between E. 15th St. & E 12th St.
How to Use This Guide
1. Study the 3M Half Marathon Course Map (page 2) to see if your trip will start, end, or cross anywhere near the
half marathon course.
2. Use the Pace Chart (page 3) to see if your trip time will conflict with the half marathon.
3. Use the Zone Map (page 4) to see which areas of the course you may need to look at in detail.
4. Look at the detailed information and map for those zones (pages 5-10).
● Assume you can’t cross the course: Crossing the half marathon course with a vehicle is extremely difficult,
and should be avoided. The Austin Police Department will only allow crossings at major intersections, and only
when there are no runners present.
● Park strategically: If your trip starts or ends near a section of the course, sometimes the best option may be to
park on the more accessible side of the course and walk.
● Use MoPac, & I-35: These roads are unobstructed for northbound and southbound travel.
● Use Ben White Blvd. (Hwy 290) and US 183: These roads are unobstructed for eastbound and westbound
● Use Google Maps & Waze: On race day, the best traffic information can be found on sites and apps like Google
Maps (maps.google.com) and Waze (waze.com). The 3M Half Marathon street closures are submitted to these
programs in advance, and they will display the closures and the associated traffic.