MANAGING A TEAM
Now that you’ve created a team you can logon to EventDog to manage it.
Here you can:
- See your team settings
- Invite team members
- View a team roster
- Select a co-captain
- Export your team members for messaging
- Adjust your team privacy
- Adjust the Packet Pick Up option
You can also review the events you have personally registered for, update personal information such as your pace, email address, bib name (if available), shirt size and more.
Logging On to EventDog
- Go to www.eventdog.com and click “Participant Login”
- First-time users will need to follow the steps provided to request a temporary password.
- After you receive the temporary password, input the email address you used to register and the password to log in.
- Select the event, then click on “Choose Action” –> “Manage Team”.
If the event you are looking for does not show up, you may not be registered for the event or you may have registered using a different email.
Inviting Friends to Join Your Team BEFORE They Register For the Event
- If a Public Team – Just inform your friends to select the team name from the drop-down when they register for the event.
- If NOT a Public Team – On your team page in EventDog, enter a list of comma-separated email addresses in the first box and a quick message in the second box to be sent to those you want to invite. A team link is available if you selected “Anyone with a link” which can be copied to share in your personal email account.
Inviting Friend to Join Your Team AFTER They Have Already Registered
- If a Public Team – Instruct them to logon to their EventDog account and select “Edit Registration” to add the team to their registration.
- If NOT a Public Team – On your team page in EventDog, enter the email address(es) that they used to register for the race in the space provided, then hit the send button. Now tell them to logon to their EventDog account where they will see a pending team invite to accept and join the team.
Removing a Team Member From Your Team
To remove a team member, click the red X next to their name. This will remove the person from your team, but leave them registered for the event. They will receive an automatic notice that they were removed from the team.
Switching Team Captains
It is not possible to switch Team Captains, but you can choose a team member to be a co-captain of the team. Simply click the gold star next to their name. This person can then log on to their EventDog account and help manage the team. However, all email communications will be sent to the primary captain.
Adjusting Team Privacy
There are three access settings to join a team. You can adjust these settings by clicking the link below Privacy Settings on your Team Management page. The settings are:
- Public – Anyone can see and join your team in the Select Team drop list on the registration page.
- By Invitation Only – Each invitation you send out is good for one registration after which the link will fail.
- Anyone with the Link – Anyone who is forwarded a copy of the invitation link can register. There is no limit to the number of people who can sign up for your team.
Editing Team Name
Click the pencil icon after the team name to edit your team name. Everyone who is already registered will be updated to the new name.