The Twenty-Six Two Pace Team will help you not only achieve your goals, but have FUN; whether the goal is a personal record, or simply to cross the finish line. Our Pace Group Leaders are extremely experienced runners, chosen on their previous running and/or pacing performances and know what it takes to hold a steady pace and provide a great race experience for their “Pace-ees”. Below are a few highlights about the team.
- Participation is FREE to all pacers and no registration is necessary.
- We will have pace groups for the following times: 1:30, 1:40, 1:45, 1:50, 1:55, 2:00, 2:05, 2:10, 2:15 and 2:20.
- There will be a “Meet the Pacers” area at the expo where you can meet the group and ask questions.
- To meet up with the pacers on race day, look for them next to the “Pace Time” signs in the starting area holding up signs with the finishing times printed on them. They will be wearing Pacer singlets and carrying the pace signs. Try to meet up with your pace group at least 15 minutes before the start of the race.
- Five to 10 minutes before the start, your pace group leader will give you their final instructions. This may include any adjustments being made to the pace due to course conditions. This is another great opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have.
- Water station philosophy, regarding whether the pace group will walk or run through it, is up to the pace leader. Each pace leader will let you know their strategy for getting back together after a water stop. Be sure to check with your group leader prior to the start if this is important to you.
- We want you to run your own race. If you feel great on race day, and you want to go ahead and catch the next group, we’ll cheer you on. If it’s not your day, slow down and wait for the group behind you. And if you want to just fall in and match strides with your pace group leader, we’re sure to appreciate the company!